The Northeast Ohio Chapter
of Romance Writers of America
MARGIE LAWSON's Masters Class
Writing Body Language and Dialogue Cues Like a Psychologist
August 10th, 2013 from 8:30 a.m - 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: Registration for this event will open on June 15, 2013. Please check back for pricing and payment information.
Learn how to write body language and dialogue cues from a kinesics specialist! Writers fall into writing body language with the same type of words, the same patterns, the same style. Boring, boring, boring.
Workshop participants will learn how to write fresh body language and dialogue cues for POV and non-POV Characters -- and how to write them with power.
- Facial expressions: lips, eyes, chin, full face, flicker-face, micro-expressions
- Kinesics: communicating by body movement
- Gesture Types: emblems, illustrators, regulators, beat gestures, affect displays
How the writer describes how the dialogue is delivered. Dialogue cues are one part of writing nonverbal communication. They’re one part writers often overlook.
Participants will also learn how to write Body Language and Dialogue Cues with psychological power by:
- Avoiding Clichés, Writing Fresh
- Using Margie’s Four Levels: Basic, Complex, Empowered, Super Empowered
- Using a Range of Rhetorical Devices
- Empowering Stimulus Response Patterns
Workshop Registration Opens at 8:15 a.m.
Continental Breakfast – 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Workshop Begins – 9:00 a.m.
Luncheon will be served.
This one-day workshop will be held at theCrowne Plaza, 7230 Engle Rd., Middleburg Heights, Ohio
For more information, contact NEORWA Workshop Coordinator, Mary Jane Esber at firstname.lastname@example.org