2014 CLEVELAND ROCKS ROMANCE CONTEST
Paperless Entries and Responses All Electronic.
The Cleveland Rocks Romance Contest will begin accepting entries on January 1, 2014. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on January 31, 2014.
Entrants must be unpublished in book-length fiction (minimum 40,000 words) in the last five years.
All entrants will receive first-round judges’ scores and comments.
Winners receive refund of entry fee and winner logo graphic.
Fee: $15 for NEORWA members $25 for non-members
FYI: You do not need to be a member of RWA to enter the CRR Contest
Entry: The first 7000 words. A one page synopsis is optional and will not be counted as part of the entry. The synopsis will not be judged.
Judges: Experienced, Published/Unpublished. (All first round judges will be encouraged to participate in our How to Judge a Rockin' Contest workshop.) The top three finalists in each category will have their entry judged by an editor and agent final judge.
Email your entry form and entries to the contest coordinators at email@example.com
Categories and Final Judges:
- Contemporary Romance--Adrienne Macintosh (Harlequin) & Kathleen Rushall (Marsal Lyon Literary Agency)
- Historical Romance--Erika Tsang (Avon) & Elaine Spencer (The Knight Agency)
- Paranormal Romance--Mary Altman (Sourcebooks) & Miriam Kriss (Irene Goodman Agency)
- Erotic Romance--Nina Gooden (Ellora’s Cave) & Laura Bradford (Bradford Literary Agency)
- Mainstream with Strong Romantic Elements--Leis Pederson (Berkley) & Courtney Miller-Callihan (Greenberger Associates)
- Young Adult/New Adult--Heather Howland (Entangled) & Becca Stumpf (Prospect Agency)