Northeast Ohio Romance Writers of America 2013 CLEVELAND ROCKS ROMANCE CONTEST
Paperless Entries and Responses All Electronic.
The Cleveland Rocks Romance Contest will begin accepting entries on January 2, 2013. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on February 14, 2013.
Entrants must be unpublished in book-length fiction (minimum 40,000 words) in the last five years.
All entrants will receive first-round judgesí scores and comments.
Winners receive refund of entry fee and winner logo graphic.
Fee: $15 for NEORWA members $25 for non-members
Entry: The first 7000 words. A one page synopsis is optional and will not be counted as part of the entry. The synopsis will not be judged.
Judges: Experienced, Published/Unpublished. (All first round judges will be encouraged to participate in our How to Judge a Rockin' Contest workshop.) The top three finalists in each category will have their entry judged by an editor/agent final judge.
Email your entry form and entries to the contest coordinators at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories and Final Judges:
- Contemporary Series Romance--JUDGE: Laura Barth, Harlequin
- Single Title Contemporary--JUDGE: Elaine Spencer, The Knight Agency
- Historical Romance--JUDGE: Jill Marsal, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Erotic Romance--JUDGE: Whitney Mae, Ellora's Cave
- Paranormal Romance--JUDGE: Leis Pederson, Berkley
- Romantic Suspense--JUDGE: Leonore Waldrip, Harlequin
- Mainstream with Strong Romantic Elements--JUDGE: Paige Wheeler, Folio Literary
- Young Adult--JUDGE: Leah Hultenschmidt, Sourcebooks
Winners will be announced on May 18, 2013 at the annual NEORWA Cleveland Rocks Romance Conference. Winners of each category will receive a refund of their entry fee, a winnerís certificate and a contest winner logo graphic.