NEORWA wishes to thank all of the judges, category coordinators and entrants of the 2017 Cleveland Rocks Romance Contest.
The final rankings are posted on the winners page.
Be sure to check back for details regarding the 2018 contest. Happy Writing!
2017 Categories and Final Judges: The top three finalists in each category will have their entry judged by three industry professionals who will judge the final round.
- Contemporary Long Romance–Mary Altman (Sourcebooks), Heidi Shoham (Entangled Publishing), and Elaine Spencer (The Knight Agency)
- Contemporary Short Romance–Jill Marsal (Marsal Lyon Literary Agency), Latoya C. Smith (LCS Literary Services), and Dana Grimaldi (Harlequin)
- Historical Romance–Allison Byers (The Wild Rose Press), Debby Gilbert (Soul Mate Publishing), and Sarah Phair (Trident Media Group)
- Paranormal Romance– Moe Ferrara (BookEnds Literary Agency), Tricia Skinner (Fuse Literary), and Andrea Somberg (Harvey Klinger Literary Agency)
- Novella–Tara Gelsomino (Crimson Romance), Michelle Klayman (Boroughs Publishing Group), and Stacey Adderley (Evernight Publishing)
- Mainstream with Strong Romantic Elements– Char Chaffin (Soul Mate), Amy Stapp (Tor/Forge), and Catherine Cho (Curtis Brown UK)
- Young Adult/New Adult– Jennifer Herrington (Lyrical Press), Lydia Sharp (Entangled Publishing), and Mary C. Moore (Kimberley Cameron & Associates)
Winners will be announced at the Cleveland Rocks Romance Conference on September 9, 2017. All entrants will receive first-round judges’ scores and comments. Winners receive refund of entry fee and winner logo graphic.