The 2017 Cleveland Rocks Romance Contest will begin accepting entries on February 14, 2017. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2017.
Entrants must be unpublished in book-length fiction (minimum 40,000 words) in the last five years. Unpublished means the author or authors have not accepted a publishing offer for, or Self-Published, a work of original fictional narrative prose of 20,000 words or more.
All entrants will receive first-round judges’ scores and comments.
All judged entries will be sent to entrants along with score sheets and comments from round 1 judging by mid to late September.
Winners receive refund of entry fee and winner logo graphic.
FYI: You do not need to be a member of RWA to enter the CRR Contest
Entry: For the Novella category, submit the first 3000 words of an unpublished work of fiction. For all other categories, submit the first 5000 words of an unpublished work of fiction.
A one to two page (max 500 words) synopsis is optional and will not be counted as part of the entry. The synopsis will not be judged.
Judges: Experienced, Published/Unpublished. (All first round judges will be encouraged to participate in our free How to Judge a Rockin’ Contest workshop.) New in 2015, the top three finalists in each category will have their entry judged by three industry professionals who will judge the final round.
Email your entry form and entry to the contest coordinators at email@example.com.
2017 Categories and Final Judges:
- Contemporary Long Romance–Mary Altman (Sourcebooks), Heidi Shoham (Entangled Publishing), and Elaine Spencer (The Knight Agency)
- Contemporary Short Romance–Jill Marsal (Marsal Lyon Literary Agency), Latoya C. Smith (LCS Literary Services), and TBD
- Historical Romance–Allison Byers (The Wild Rose Press), Debby Gilbert (Soul Mate Publishing), and TBD
- Paranormal Romance– Mo Ferrara (BookEnds Literary Agency) and TBD
- Mainstream with Strong Romantic Elements–TBD
- Young Adult/New Adult– TBD